3-Legged Cat Press

Friday, July 04, 2008

Help Stop Puppy Mills!

Yo, Tiger here. I'm still basking in the glory of the song about me - "Orange Kitten's Mew" - and feeling pretty good about myself right now. I have a family who loves me and fur-siblings who, well, tolerate me most of the time, including a dog. This dog, whose name is Rascal, turned 10 years old yesterday, so I guess he's an old fart for a dog! Maybe that's why he bit me on the nose the other day. I was only trying to rub on him, because I love him so much, but I don't think we'll ever understand each other. We don't speak the same language. But that doesn't mean we aren't worthy of love. Now, you may have heard of these "pet shop puppies," dogs raised in puppy mills, deplorable places where the puppies and their parents are treated inhumanely and kept in cramped cages with no petting or love. They live in breeding farms, like chickens or pigs. Then the puppies are sold to pet shops that sell them for very high prices. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I wish I could stop this myself, but I'm just a cat, and you don't speak my language. But you speak theirs - the puppy mill owners and their customers - and you can make a difference and help stop them. Read below for more info about upcoming protests. My lady and girl have been to one protest so far, and they feel like they reached a lot of people. So, go be creative, make a cool sign and join the fight against puppy mills! Thanks.

Hello Everyone--
We are asking you to please join us in speaking out for puppy mill dogs in Indiana.
We are planning peaceful rallies at Uncle Bill's Pet Centers on Saturday July 12th.

Please consider devoting just a few hours of your time for this very important cause.
Please RSVP to this email address and let us know if you will be joining us.

Demonstration Information: July 12th

**Uncle Bill's in Greenwood
The address is 870 US Highway 31 N, Greenwood, IN.
Time: 12:00 to 1:30

**Then on to the East side Uncle Bill's on the same day.
The address is 9411 E. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN.
Time: 2:30 to 4:00

Please do not park in Uncle Bill's parking lot.
We will have posters and banners but feel free to bring your own if you choose.

Please visit our website for information on the connection between puppy mills and pet stores in Indiana as well as information on our Indianapolis billboard campaign.

Please help us spread the word.

http://www.petshoppuppies.org/index.htm

Our videos can been seen here:

http://www.petshoppuppies.org/_videoplayer/myvideoplayer.html

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
PSP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home