3-Legged Cat Press

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A hometown literary hero is lost

Kurt Vonnegut Dies

The City of Indianapolis and the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library declared 2007 "The Year of Vonnegut." There have been, and will continue to be, numerous programs about Mr. Vonnegut, his life and family history and, of course, his novels. He was scheduled to speak here in Indy on Friday, April 27, but had to decline after his fall the other day. His son was scheduled to speak in his place, but I'm not sure that will happen now. I'm sure many thoughts and prayers will be directed to the young Mr. Vonnegut and his family in the coming days. Rest well, Mr. Vonnegut. I wish I could have seen you, but at least I can still read your words.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger alex said...

Really, I zoloft can't stand this! Just stop a minute, William, and let me get out.. Psychologists had always been wont to build, in what Bleuler calls autistic ways, that is through methods in no wise supported by evidence, some attractive hypothesis, which sprung from their brain, like Minerva from zithromax Jove's brain, fully armed.. But your horse! Your horse! exclaimed Buller, as the train came nystatin nearer and nearer.. Behind the bells was the squire in his lexapro sleigh drawn by his fastest stepper, and he was alone, as the deacon was not.. Society, of course, he saw klonopin little.. He picked some oranges, and amoxicillin ate them in meditative enjoyment.. Mechanically he entered the saloon, and laid a silver quarter upon the bar as he said: A little whiskey an' sugar. cephalexin. Here the mother, therefore, appears as a disturber of her love soma affairs, which is the role actually played by this strict woman during her daughter's girlhood.. Poor creature, how I pity her! Thank heaven, nobody that I know goes to her parties. phentermine. As I entered the room I was heated, my head was swimming with confused apprehension, tramadol my eyes must have glared.. I have overruled the objection, repeated the Judge; you phentermine may go on.. By the way, you don't happen to know Maud and lisinopril Dorothy Partridge, of Baltimore, do you? Stunning pretty girls, both of them, and no end of swells.. A long, low porch ran across the front of the structure, and a complaining sign hung out soma announcing, in dim, weather-flecked letters on a cracked board, that this was the Tutt House.. I have dropped that too, celexa said Podington; there it floats.. He scuffed the dust up wantonly, for he wished to veil the all-too-brilliant polish of coreg his cowhide shoes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home